Wednesday 22 May 2013

Salt Lake Temple

On Friday before Conference Jason took Michael and Raechel to the Salt Lake City temple to participate in a baptismal session!

When they returned I think they were in a little state of shock actually.  Just to have the opportunity to go to such a well known temple and then enter in down the side of the temple where it looked as though you enter in through a secret entrance! Maybe just a tad overwhelming but they said they had a great time.

Michael - going here to this temple was really different but also one of my best experiences whilst in America!!!

Raechel - It was a wonderful experience to be inside the Salt Lake Temple and to feel the Spirit whilst being baptized for those who have passed.  I am so glad we had the opportunity to actually be there and go inside!

Then on the following Friday 12th April Jason and I were able to attend the temple together!  It was such special day!  This day will definitely be one of my highlights of the whole trip.  To have that whole day together by ourselves and be still and calm serving my Heavenly Father was priceless.  About 17 years ago I attended this temple and I found the actual inside a lot smaller than I rembered it to be BUT all the surrounding areas had been added onto and it seemed sooooo busy.  A smaller building had been added off to the side of the temple where people could sit and rest and wait for people so after walking through the entrance one can go downstairs along an area and then back up into the temple itself.  I found this truly bizarre but obviously this temple is so busy they needed to cater for this whilst keeping the inside special.


Reflection of temple in water




Then after visiting the temple we did a lot of shopping over the road at City Creek which is one lovely shopping area....then we went out for lunch at one of the restaurants in the Joseph Smith Memorial  building where we could eat our meal and look out over to the temple.  I have seen these restaurants on some church movies before so it was really really cool for me to be there.  All I kept thinking of was that if a guy wanted to ask his girlfriend to marry him this would be a great spot as it would be highly likely she would say yes (or maybe too much pressure for her and it may backfire). Anyway it was really romantic there and I am so glad we had this day together!


3 comments:

  1. Awesome mum. Thanks for my putting in my input.

    ReplyDelete
  2. great blog post Naomi.... love the backdrop too...LOVED being inside this Temple XXXXX

    ReplyDelete