Sunday 31 March 2013

Missing Luggage

So after getting to our wonderful hotel we were soooo excited to sleep in a normal bed!  They looked and felt so comfortable. It felt like we were sinking into clouds.  When I dragged myself away I went to unpack and realised I had the wrong bag!  ARGH!  We accidentally picked up the wrong purple bag with green and yellow tags!  Can you believe another person chose the same as us.  So Jason turned around and got on shuttle back to the airport to see if he could change it.  We didn't have our phone as yet so I was a little worried but knew I could just huddle my babies in the hotel room and prayed for the safe return of my bag no I mean safe return of Jason....well both.  I kept trying to think positive but after 3 hours I was getting a little worried!  After about my 5th prayer he came home safe and sound with MY suitcase...yeah! My hero.  Crisis adverted.

So then I took the children swimming in the so called 'heated' pool whilst Jason had a rest.




The children hadn't eaten since 9:00am and so by 5pm we woke up Dad and went out to tea at none other than McDonolds!  Can u believe it but of course Michael was very happy.  I found it very very hard to read what to order and found Aussie Macca's way better!  - Then all children asleep by 7pm and Jason and I asleep by 9pm....luxury.
Then the next morning around 9am we woke up and had a buffet breakfast which is always fun watching the children check out different food for the first time.  It is also fun listening to them rave on about how different the toilets are and how much trouble they had getting the showers working....

Jason then brought us back the Recreational Vehicle or home for the next 9 weeks and everyone was sooo excited to run around and check it all out - opening cupboards and trying out where to sit and sleep.  I was pleasantly surprised that it had more room than I thought!  I hoped I didn't have to drive it though.  Jason did so well getting on the other side of the road and driving us to the RV park in Anaheim to relax, shop, eat tea and get an early night ready for our first theme park.



No comments:

Post a Comment